Expressing Plan and Suggestion

Expressing Plan and Suggestion

  1. Expression of Plan/Intention
The following are the examples to express your plan/intention:
a. I would like to tell you about my childhood.
b. I will visit my grandmother tomorrow.
c. I want to make fried rice.
d. I am going to introduce my sister to you.
e. I would rather watch a movie than go shopping.
2. Expressing Suggestion

“be going to” and “would like to”
We can use “be going to + infinitive” to talk about future intention/plan which is fairly certain.
e.g:
I am studying Japanese.
I am going to be a Japanese teacher.
Use “would like to+infinitive” to talk about ambition, hope or preference.
e.g:
I would like to speak Mandarin fluently.
I would like to go to Japan soon.
I would like to be financially free.
Practice the following dialogue in front of the class!
Stephanie: Hello Nesh. Do you have a plan this weekend?
Vanesha: Hello, Ste. No, I don’t. What’s up?
Stephanie: Will you join me? I am going to visit my uncle in village this weekend. There we can play in the rice field. It’s very beautiful because the harvesting time almost comes. It’s yellow everywhere.
Vanesha: That sounds great, Stevy. What else we can do there?
Stephanie: We can also go fishing in a pond behind my uncle’s house. There are many kinds of fish there such as gold fish, cat fish, tilapia fish, snakehead fish, and many others.
Vanesha: Ow really? I can’t wait to go there, Stevy. By the way, how will we go there?
Stephanie: We can take a bus from here. Then we continue with taxibike to reach the village. It’s not expensive. We only need to pay about 20,000 IDR to get to my uncle’s house.
Vanesha: Okey, Stevy. I’ll talk to my mom and dad first. Hope they permit me to go. Because I usually find it difficult to get their permission when I want to go a long distance.
Stephanie: I recommend that you tell them you’ll go with me. They know and trust me. I’m sure they’ll permit you to go.
Vanesha: That’s a wonderful idea. I’ll try it and inform you as soon as I get my parents’ permission.
Stephanie:Okey, Nesh. I’ll wait for the good news.
Please answer the following questions to test your understanding on the lesson!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Descriptive Text Istiqlal Mosque

Adverb of Cause and Effect

Adverbs of Comment